Reach Your One
It is God’s will that all might hear the Good News of Jesus. We are praying and believing that the hearts of people everywhere will turn to Christ, and it is our desire to equip you to be a part of His mission.
How do you show the whole world who Jesus is? ONE person at a time: each one, reach one. Your ONE is the person God has put on your heart and within your reach who has yet to commit their life fully to Christ.
We have provided three steps and plenty of resources to help you in your journey of reaching your one.
Step One: Pray For Your One
Pray for Your One
- John 14:14 says, “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”
- We know that God desires none should be away from Him (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9), so when we are praying for our ONES to know Jesus, we know it’s in line with His heart. Pray for opportunities to love them and share Christ, and pray for God’s will to be done in their lives.
- Check out this 5-10 minute prayer resource here. And this 30-60 minute prayer resource here!
Step Two: Add Value
- Reach out to your one this week to see how they’re doing. A message, call, text, email, DM goes a long way. Be their friend, without an alterier motive!
- Check out Top 5 Ways to Help for creative ideas to connect with your community!
- Share Hope on your Social Media Platform
- Your friends need to see the change in your life. Your story is powerful.
- Create a short video to post online to share your story and invite your friends to do the same. Make sure to tag Oaks Church in your posts so we can celebrate you! Check out this video of how Jackie has done this.
- You can also invite your friends to follow or “like” our page on the Oaks social media acounts.
Here are the links:
Step Three: Invite
- Invite your ONE to be a part of life-changing community with you by…
- Hosting a Facebook Watch Party! This is an easy, non-threatening way to invite your ONE to experience church with you. Remember, they will join because of you, so be sure to interact and love them! Connect with them to figure out a time that works best for both of you any point throughout the week! Check out this resource for helpful tips and to let us know how it went.
- You can still Attend One Serve One by attending church online with your family through live.oaks.church, and serve by hosting the Watch Party for Sunday’s message anytime that works for your ONE.
- Watch Daily Devo together! Every weekday at 8am Pastor Scott and Pastor Chris are live on Facebook to do a devo. You can invite your friend to watch with you and talk about the content together after!
- Join a Follow Jesus Group! We have online Follow Jesus groups available to join right now. Inviting and attending with your ONE is a great way to go to a deeper spiritual level with them! Check out this page for more information.